Explore the North Maine Woods
- When the snow falls in Northern Maine, be sure to bring your snowmobiles. Scenic, groomed ITS 105 is at the doorstep of the First Settlers Lodge. We are open year round.
- Enjoy hiking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing on private trails located directly behind the lodge.
- Take a drive along Maine’s scenic Route 1 and discover why its called the “million dollar view” highway.
- Bird Watching – With over 400 species in Maine (we have a checklist) you are sure to cross off quite a few.
- Bring your ATV and go for miles and miles on designated ATV trails. We have
- The lodge is located within minutes of Canada. Bring your passport if you would like to cross the border!
- Go on a sightseeing moose safari
- Book an adventure, fishing expedition, or hunt with one of our informative and entertaining guides
- Nature photography at its best….remember your camera.
Visit Hidden Spring Winery
Hidden Spring Winery is located north of the Lodge in East Hodgdon Maine. Schedule your wine tasting tour! All wines are made with locally grown fruits and berries. You can visit their website www.hiddenspringwinery.com or visit them on FaceBook for more information.
Relax in Style at the Lodge
- Enjoy a book from our library
- Sit by the warmth of the fireplace
- Take in the views of Northern Maine from the First Settlers Lodge great room
- Pick a DVD from our collection. We’ll make the popcorn.
- Sit on the deck and watch the Maine wildlife or count the stars
- Sleep-in or take a well-deserved nap